Sunday, April 11, 2010

Deliver me in a black-winged bird.

'She told us her name was Tate and she squeezed through the glass and the steel and climbed over her own dead- just to be with Webb and me; to give us her hand so we could clutch it wall our might.'
To all those who haven't read On the Jellicoe Road,
you have not lived.

These holidays have been really goodly. Sadly, school will be back soon. Hopefully this time when I am swept back into the tide of routine, I won't try and fight it.
Some highlights of these holidays were:
-The picnic with Yoghurt, Ti, Sideshow Bob, Bambi and Knitten.
We met Sinan and we sat on the state library lawn, throwing Hello Pandas into the air and catching them in our mouths.
-When I went to dinner with Ti, Monsoon, Meow and Smoky.
It was good fun, especially towards the end when Ti calmed down.
There's something amazing in the air at night,
something a bit like hope.
-Going to see a terrible film with Cat. We bought about half the remaining Easter chocolate supplies from a shop. I hid behind a pole because I saw people we knew and didn't want them to see us carrying so much chocolate. Wow, I haven't been so ridiculous in ages, it felt good. The next day we met up with E.T. and drank coffee and sat in a park and had a gold lesson in musical education.
-Pizza Friday. I won't try to sum it up because Fringe beat me too it, and my explanation will just seem empty now. All I can say is, it was a magical day full of failed easter egg hunting, failed costume hunting, rolling down hills, stuffing our faces and making up for it by passing secrets from our mouths to each others ears.
xoxo Camelgirl

P.S. I got a new iPod. She's purple and her name is Zamirah Ominotago Yolanda.
(Or Z.O.Y.)

6 comments:

  1. Z.O.Y is a babe if i ever saw one.. even though i havent seen Z.O.Y yet. :)

    You're amazing.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad you had a nice break. your picnic sounded lovely. it is still a little too cold here in Canada to enjoy one yet, maybe next month.
    welcome to your new world zamirah ominotago yolanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I hate going back to routine after a break or vacation. :(
    But I'm glad you had a nice one.
    Lovely pictures! I ♥ the next to last one.
    xx,
    ~Abby~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah that's one of my favorite pictures, the one of the dressed up girls. One day I'll have a tea party like that.

    ps. I like your iPod's name :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you had a marvelous time, i'm going for a picnic tommoro which shall be grand. My Ipod is called Alfie. I'm sure him and Zamirah Ominotago Yolanda will be best of friends :)
    Pearl xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds super dooper good camelgirl! :)

    sucks to be back at school though...god i already have so much homework! :(

    <3 loving the images and i love melina marchetta, she rocks!!!

    xxx
    erimentha

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your feedback. :)