Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And while our bloods still young.

Hello.
Sorry I haven't posted much recently, I don't have much to say.
I have been welcomed back into the world of school in a not very friendly way; I have boring subjects, bad teachers and not many friends in my classes.
:(
But I guess that's just life.
I have also been presented with a dilemma.
My netball team have asked me to play in a higher division (sort of a rep. team) as well as my normal games but the thing is, I do calisthenics (a sort of mix betwee gymastics, dance and acting) on the night of the extra games. 
So I can either:
a) quit calisthenics, and play both netball games, and hopefully improve my netball skills quite a bit.
or
b) keep doing calisthenics and just play my normal netball games.
Reasons:
I love them both, but I prefer netball, but then I'd be doing netball either way.
If I do both netball games, I will probably improve my netball a lot more and maybe be able to work myself up to playing to a lot of a higher standard.
Netball will keep me fitter.
You can do calisthenics at any age, even 50 year olds do it, whereas netball will have a peak age and such.
My calisthenics team isn't particular good, and I'm only mildy okay (a.k.a. I'm better at netball).
I can start calisthenics up again next year if I want, whereas this netball opportunity may never come up again.
If I continue calisthenics, I get to do them both.
People will be more disappointed in me if I don't do calisthenics, because at netball, I'll still be playing anyway.

And there is more but I bet you're bored by now.
These thoughts are all swirling around my head and I can't get rid of them.
What happened to the days where you didn't have to make hard decisions, there were endless possibilities and you could do nearly everything and what you couldn't do at the time, you could do later...?
What do you guys think I should do?
Somebody help?

xoxo Camelgirl

7 comments:

  1. i'd play netball, coz it's way fun.

    (A)

    xx scarzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go with your gut instinct, do what YOU want to do. No one else is in your shoes, and they won't have to face the consequences when you make your decision. So make your decision to where you won't regret anything. Because once you've made your choice, you won't be able to redo it.
    ~AbbY~

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i'd say play netball. you can play for a season in the higher division and then quit and continue calisthenics in a season if you prefer. but yaeh i'd say go with netball. and this is coming from a basketballer! (i hate netball :P lol no i dont hate it at all, i just find it really hard to play coz i'm a basketballer lol) anyway, i'm sure you'll make a decision that will fit you :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say netball too, just because of the reasons you gave, it's seems like a great opportunity.. so don't be afraid to take it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading this, I think I get the feeling you would rather do netball. Don't worry about people disapproving. It's your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'd do netball because if you can do ca...(cant spell it) at any age then now is your time for netball....hmmm but i dunno either way.

    good luck making up your mind! and sorry you dont have very many friends in your classes!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your feedback. :)